Tuesday, March 15, 2011

40 Day Fast Begins in 1 Hour

As of midnight tonight I begin a 40 day fast in preparation for Easter. I will be fasting from sweets and cola. The colas won't be too big of an issue as I hardly drink 1 a day, plus I've gotten to where I really enjoy drinking water along with some Gatorade. It's the sweets that are going to be the real test. I love cookies and ice cream and it's going to be tough.

However, I am seeking God (Matt. 7:7), believing that He is on the verge of doing something BIG. Not sure what that is or how it looks, but I believe that He is leading me to seek purity, maturity & unity in my relationship with Him and in my leadership as a pastor.

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live. The life I live in the body I live by faith in the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself for me. Galatians 2:20

What about you? Have you considered asking, seeking and knocking at the heart of God (Matt. 7:7)? Maybe it's time to pursue a passion for purity through fasting.

1 comment:

  1. Darren, you finished well today, completing your fast with dignity and ending it well (with Chocolate cake!). I am so proud of you! Now, I can't wait to hear the answers to prayer coming soon. I am taking your challenge and following your lead. I am giving up sugar for the next 60 days, ending on my birthday. AND, I will eat cake that day! Let me know what to be praying, as I will definitely be driven to my knees!

    ReplyDelete